About this download
This program will upgrade Audio Driver to Ver.188.8.131.5274 and the following improvements are available in this upgrade version.
1. Resolved symptom of Stereo Mixer item existing in record volume control of some models.
2. Added SPIDIF function for VGN-FS4 Series models.
3. Resolved Jack information for all suitable models.
4. Resolved symptom of pop sound appearing during start of WMP11.
Before installing this upgrade program:
This upgrade program is only suitable for Windows Vista. Please check that the Operating System is Windows Vista before installation.
Audio Driver Upgrade Program Version 184.108.40.20674 for Windows Vista
File name: REDAUD-00733504-UN.exe
File size: 35.1 MB (36,868,184 bytes)
- To install WinDVD BD Update Program 8.0.08.70
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. If a previous version of Realtek High Definition Audio Driver exists, uninstall it from Add or Remove Programs of Control Panel.
3. After uninstalling, restart the system.
4. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click REDAUD-00733504-UN.exe.
5. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
6. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. OpenDevice Manager -> Sound, video and game controllers->Realtek High Definition
Audio and click the Driver tab to check for the information below:
Driver Version is 220.127.116.1174
Digital Signature is Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher.