About this download
This program will upgrade BIOS from R0021G7 to R0052G7 and resolve the following symptom:
1. When DPST is enabled and USB HDD is connected, system sometimes hangs while dragging window.
Note: BIOS R0021G7 is required to be installed before proceeding with this upgrade.
For VGN-T1** series models, after this BIOS Update is installed, please install the new Graphics Driver (Ver 126.96.36.19929c) again.
File name: PHBSYS-00779014-UN.exe
File size: 857 KB (878,288 bytes)
- BIOS R0052G7
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Installing BIOS R0052G7
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click PHBSYS-00779014-UN.exe. Then click Next.
3. Once the setup process is completed, click Finish.
4. Tturn off and restart the computer after the update.
Note: For VGN-T1* series models, please update the Video Driver to 188.8.131.5229c after updating the BIOS.
2. To check if the updating is successful
1. Press F2 while booting and enter BIOS setup.
2. Enter BIOS setup and check the BIOS Version (R0052G7).