About this download
This program will upgrade Graphics Driver to Ver.188.8.131.52. and resolve the following symptoms:
1. System stops responding when the display mode is changed from S-Video TV single to LCD single with macrovision.
2. The backlight switches off for 1 minute when the system is started for the first time after installing the driver
3. Function to change video color is strange.
Graphics Driver Update Program 184.108.40.206
File name: NVDVID-01193630-UN.exe
File size: 55.0 MB (57,723,760 bytes)
- To install Graphics Driver Update Program 220.127.116.11
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click NVDVID-01193630-UN.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, open Device Manager.
5. Select Display Adapters and right click NVIDIA GeForce 8xxx and select Uninstall.
6. Check Delete the driver software for this device and select OK.
7. Restart the system.
8. After the system has restarted, go to Device Manager and select Display Adapters.
9. Right-click Standard VGA graphics adapter and select Update Driver Software....
9. Select Browse my computer for device software.
10. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
11. Select Have Disk... and clickBrowse... Then select C:\Update\NVDVID-01193630\nvsz and select Open. Click OK.
12. Click Next.
13. After finishing the driver installation, click Close.
14. Restart the system again.
After installing the driver and restarting the system, please perform the following steps to enable the Sony recommended video color setting.
1. Open NVIDIA control panel.
2. Select Advanced View.
3. Click Video&Television.
4. Click Adjust video color settings.
5. Check Apply these settings to all video technologies.
6. Click Apply.
7. Close NVIDIA control panel.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and choose NVIDIA GeForce Go 8400M GT .
2. Right-click and choose Properties.
3. Check that the date is 2007/05/11 and the version is 18.104.22.168.