- Intel RAID Driver
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
2. Download the INDHDC-00698618-US.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the INDHDC-00698618-US.EXE file.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to extract the driver files to the floppy drive (A:\).
5. At theWinZip Self-Extractor dialog, insert a blank formatted floppy disk into the computer's floppy disk drive, and then clickOK.
6. At the WinZip Self-Extractor - INDHDC-00698618-US.EXE dialog, click Unzip.
NOTE: By default the utility unzips all files to the floppy disk in the A: drive.
7. At the8 file(s) unzipped successfully dialog, clickOK, and then clickClose.
8. Start the Microsoft® Windows® Operating System setup by booting from the installation CD.
9. At the beginning of the Operating System setup, press theF6 key to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.
10. When prompted, insert the floppy disk with the RAID driver files.
11. After reading the floppy disk, the Intel RAID Controller will be presented. Select this driver to install. Finish the Windows® Operating System installation and install all necessary drivers.