About this download
This program will upgrade audio driver to 126.96.36.19955 and the following symptom has been resolved:
1. Noise may arise when unmuting Master Volume
Audio Driver update program Ver.188.8.131.5255
File name: REDAUD-01184303-UN.exe
File size: 18.3 MB (19,214,064 bytes)
- To install Audio Driver update program Ver.184.108.40.20655
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click REDAUD-01184303-UN.exe. Then click Next.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click Realtek High Definition Audio.
2. Click the Driver tab.
3. Check that the date is 2006/5/9 and the version is 220.127.116.1155.