About this download
This program will upgrade audio driver to 5.10.5067.0 and the following symptom has been resolved:
1. Sample rate option appears in Sound Reality Control Panel.
(User can change sample rate using this option. )
Audio Driver update program Ver.5.10.5067.0
File name: STDAUD-01108005-UN.exe
File size: 4.97 MB (5,213,848 bytes)
- To install Audio Driver update program 5.10.5067.0
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. UninstallSigmaTel Audio fromAdd or Remove Programs onControl Panel and restart the system.
3. IfHardware Update Wizard is shown, clickCancel.
4. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click STDAUD-01108005-UN.exe. Then click Next.
5. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
6. After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
2. Click the Driver tab.
3. Check that the date is 5/26/2006 and the version is 5.10.5067.0.