About this download
This program will upgrade audio driver to 5.10.5067.0 and the following symtoms have been resolved:
1. Recording with 192kHz on ASIO device is not possible.
2. Sound drops during playback, when the HDMI monitor is connected and Dolby Digital 5.1ch through S/PDIF is played
Other changes in this upgrade version includes:
1. Default of DAC sampling rate is set to Dynamic.
Audio Driver update program Ver.5.10.5067.0
File name: STDAUD-01129106-UN.exe
File size: 4.97 MB (5,213,848 bytes)
- To install Audio Driver update program 5.10.5067.0
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. UninstallSigmaTel Audio fromAdd or Remove Programs onControl Panel and restart the system.
3. If Hardware Update Wizard is shown, click Cancel.
4. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click STDAUD-01129106-UN.exe Then click Next.
5. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
6. After the installation is completed, please restart the computer.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
2. Click the Driver tab.
3. Check that the date is 5/26/2006 and the version is 5.10.5067.0