About this download
This program will upgrade audio driver to 22.214.171.12433 and the following symptoms have been resolved:
1. High frequency noise may occur.
2. Sound playback can be heard even if Master Volume level is set to minimum.
Audio Driver update program Ver.126.96.36.19933
File name: REDAUD-01184301-UN.exe
File size: 20.2 MB (21,267,840 bytes)
- To install Audio Driver update program Ver.188.8.131.5233
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click REDAUD-01184301-UN.exe. Then click Next.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
Note: Please confirm that HD Audio QFE (KB835221-20040818) has been installed before installation.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click Realtek High Definition Audio.
2. Click the Drivertab.
3. Check that the date is 2006/3/16 and the version is 184.108.40.20633.