About this download
This program will upgrade the Camera Driver to Ver.1.002.204.0 and the following symptom has been resolved:
1. The camera image is not displayed with VAIO Camera VJ Screen Saver.
Camera Driver update program Ver.1.002.204.0
File name: RIDCAM-01158805-UN.exe
File size: 1.36 MB (1,433,656 bytes)
- To install Camera Driver update program Ver.1.002.204.0
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click RIDCAM-01158805-UN.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please shutdown the computer and start it again. (Do not use the Restart function of Windows.)
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC2.
2. Click the Driver tab.
3. Check that the date is 2006/11/21 and the version is 126.96.36.199.