About this download
This program will upgrade the Video driver to Ver.220.127.116.11 and the following symptom has been resolved:
1. The LCD brightness may not resume after plugging into AC if SmartDimmer is working.
Video Driver update program Ver.18.104.22.168
File name: NVDVID-01040609-UN.exe
File size: 36.7 MB (38,491,472 bytes)
- To install Videop Driver update program Ver. 22.214.171.124
- Windows XP
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. If the Video Mode on the system is not SPEED, please restart in SPEED mode.
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click NVDVID-01040609-UN.exe.
4. The drivers will be decompressed to C:\Drivers\Video2.
5. Start Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
6. Click NVIDIA drivers and click Modify/Remove to uninstall the old drivers.
7. Restart the computer and the driver will be installed automatically.
8. Resolution and other setttings may be reset after updating. Please set them again if needed.
To check if the updating is successful
1. Start Device Manager and double-click NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (or other NVIDIA GeForce Go Series).
2. Click the Driver tab.
3. Check that the date is 2006/06/20 and the version is 126.96.36.199.