- Installation of VAIO Zone Version 1.2 Upgrade Program
- Windows XP
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards (except for Sony PCMCIA CD-ROM drive and Floppy Disk Drive).
Note: Ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Do not run any program or restart the computer unless instructed to do so, during the entire installation process.
IMPORTANT: Before installing this upgrade program, please upgrade the following program from the Downloads section first.
- VAIO Media Integrated Server Version 3.1.02 Update.
1. Download and double-click the VAIO_Zone_EN.exe file.
2. Click OK and click Next to perform the upgrading process.
3. When the installation is completed, click OK to restart the computer.
To check if the installation is successful
1. Start Windows Explorer, browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Entertainment and locate this file Version.txt.
2. Double-click Version.txt.
3. If the installation is successful, 1.2.02.12090 will be displayed.
4. If the installation is unsuccessful, repeat the installation process again.