About this download
Features of Hi-Res Audio Player
This utility installs the Hi-Res Audio Player software. The Hi-Res Audio Player is a music playback application used to enjoy the playback of high-quality sound and includes the following features:
- Play high-res sound with a simple operation:
Connect your computer to the USB DAC device and with just a simple setting you can play your hi-res audio files, such as Direct-Stream Digital (DSD) files from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function:
Create, save, and edit a playlist, and play your favorite tunes in any order.
- Play sets of high-quality sound and more:
Stable playback of high-quality music files on your computer with low CPU usage.
Hi-Res Audio Player can be used in the following system environment.
- Mac OS X 10.6
- OS X 10.7 - 10.11
- macOS 10.12
Note: Intel CPU models, 64 bit (10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12) and 32 bit (10.6, 10.7) are supported.
For TA-ZH1ES model, Mac OS X 10.6 is not supported.
Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
- One of the above operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above system requirements. Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- OS X
- macOS Sierra
- Mac OS
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.6.pkg file to your computer.
- The installer file will be saved into the folder you set as destination folder in browser’s settings. As default, it will be saved into Downloads folder.
- Double-click the installer file “Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.6.pkg” saved in your computer. Installer package will be unpacked.
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Hi-Res Audio Player" screen, click "Continue".
- Software License Agreement screen is shown. After you confirm the text of the agreement, click Continue.
- When you accept the agreement, click Agree.
- Select a Destination screen is shown. Select a disk and click Continue.
- Specify the installation type.
For standard install, internal hard disk drive is selected automatically. If you want to install to another drive, click Change install location....
After you select the destination, click Install.
- The "Installing Hi-Res Audio Player" screen displays the installation progress.
- When login password is required, type your password and click Install Software.
- After installation is completed, The installation was completed successfully. screen is shown. Click Close to exit installer.
The Hi-Res Audio Player software installation is complete.
Starting Hi-Res Audio Player
- Click Hi-Res Audio Player icon in Applications folder.
Note: If Hi-Res Audio Player screen is not shown, click the icon in Dock.
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Player is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install Hi-Res Audio Player on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player does not start. Or, Hi-Res Audio Player window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall Hi-Res Audio Player, and then install it again.
- For more information regarding on how to use this application, please refer to the Operation Manual.