About this download
Features of Hi-Res Audio Player
This utility installs the Hi-Res Audio Player software. The Hi-Res Audio Player is a music playback application used to enjoy the playback of high-quality sound and includes the following features:
- Play high-res sound with a simple operation:
Connect your computer to the USB DAC device and with just a simple setting you can play your hi-res audio files, such as Direct-Stream Digital (DSD) files from a music distribution site.
- Playlist function:
Create, save, and edit a playlist, and play your favorite tunes in any order.
- Play sets of high-quality sound and more:
Stable playback of high-quality music files on your computer with low CPU usage.
Important: To use this software with the USB DAC Amplifier (UDA-1), it is necessary to install UDA-1 USB DAC Amplifier Driver.
This software requires a computer meeting the following system requirements:
Note: This software is not supported on computers with upgraded operating systems or multi-boot environments.
Hi-Res Audio Player can be used in the following system environment.
- Windows 10 Home / Pro
- Windows 8.1 / 8.1 Pro
- Windows 8 / 8 Pro
- Windows 7 Starter Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows 7 Home Basic Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 or later
CPU: Intel Core 2 Processor 1.6 GHz or higher
Memory (RAM): 1 GB or more
Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
- One of the above operating systems should be installed by default. Upgraded operating systems and multi-boot environments are not supported.
- We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the above system requirements. Furthermore, the following systems are not supported:
- Personally constructed computers or operating systems
- Upgraded operating systems
- Multi-boot environments
- Multi-monitor environments
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 32bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows Vista
DetailsDownload and Installation Instructions
- Download the Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.5.exe file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference) on your computer.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the Hi-ResAudioPlayer_1.2.5.exe file.
- If the "User Account Control" screen appears, click "Yes" or "Continue".
- At the "Hi-Res Audio Player - InstallShield Wizard" screen, select the language for the installation, and then click "OK".
- At the "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Hi-Res Audio Player" screen, click "Next".
- At the "License Agreement" dialog, read the agreement, then, if you agree, select "I accept the terms of the license agreement", and then click "Next" to continue.
- At the "Ready to Install the Program" screen, click "Install".
- The "Installing Hi-Res Audio Player" screen displays the installation progress.
- At the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" screen, click "Finish".
The Hi-Res Audio Player software installation is complete.
Uninstalling Hi-Res Audio Player
- To uninstall the application, use Programs and Features (for Windows Vista, Windows 7,Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10) in the Control Panel.
- Select Hi-Res Audio Player from the list and click Uninstall.
Follow instructions shown on screen to uninstall.
- Cannot install Hi-Res Audio Player.
- Make sure that Hi-Res Audio Player is compatible with your operating system. Check the system requirements and install Hi-Res Audio Player on a computer with a compatible operating system installed.
- Make sure that there is enough free space on the hard disk drive of your computer. If not, delete any unnecessary files from your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player does not start. Or, Hi-Res Audio Player window is not displayed correctly.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Start other software to check if your computer is functioning normally.
- Your computer may not be functioning normally. Restart your computer.
- Hi-Res Audio Player may not be installed correctly. Uninstall Hi-Res Audio Player, and then install it again.