About this download
Sound Organizer is a comprehensive audio application for importing, playing, and editing files recorded with a Sony IC recorder.
Benefits and improvements on version 1.6.01
- Improved operation stability
Sound Organizer Features
Files recorded with an IC recorder can be saved to a computer in file or folder units.
Files saved in your computer can also be added to an IC recorder.
Files recorded with an IC recorder can be divided, edited, and combined with other files.
Files saved in your computer can be converted to WAV or MP3 format.
Files recorded from an IC recorder and other audio files can be written to a CD making it possible to create an audio CD, MP3 CD, or data disk (CD / DVD).
Audio and MP3 CDs created with Sound Organizer can be played on your computer and also regular CD players.
Data from commercial CDs can be converted to a format used by Sound Organizer and recorded/stored in your computer.
・Edit track marks
・DPC (Digital Pitch Control) playback
・Voice Up playback
・Noise cut playback
・A-B repeat playback
・Quick Operation Guide (on-screen guide / help)
Sound Organizer requires the following system configurations.
Operating System (preinstalled):
- Windows 10 (64-bit version supported)
- Windows 8 / 8.1 (64-bit version supported)
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later) (64-bit version supported)
(Ultimate / Professional / Home Premium / Home Basic / Starter)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later) (64-bit version supported)
(Ultimate / Business / Premium / Home Basic)
NOTE: Operating Systems not listed above are not supported. (Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 8, Mac OS, and Linux are not supported)
IBM PC/AT compatible machine satisfying the following system requirements
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1/ 10 : Processor1.66GHz or higher
- Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 : 1 GB or more for 32-bit version, 2 GB or more for 64-bit version
- Windows Vista: 512 MB or more (1 GB or more for Home Premium / Business / Ultimate editions)
- Optical Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW drive needed to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data CDs/DVDs)
- Screen resolution: 800 x 600 pixels or higher
- Screen color: High Color (16-bit) or higher
- Internet Connection: Required to use podcasts and Gracenote (information retrieval service for audio CDs)
- Other: USB port, sound card
NOTE: Sound Organizer is not guaranteed to run on all systems that satisfy the above requirements. In addition, Sound Organizer is not guaranteed to run under multi boot/monitor systems and in Macintosh systems with the following characteristics:
- Custom built computers in which the operating system was installed by the user.
- NEC PC-98 compatible machines in which the operating system was upgraded by the user. Please see the “Sound Organizer Ver. 1.6 Installation Guide” before using Sound Organizer Ver. 1.6.
System names, product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders. (TM) and (R) marks are not noted in this document.
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 32bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows Vista
Before downloading the software, please read the following carefully.
- Please follow the instructions listed here to install and run the software. If you are running Windows 10, 8.1, 7 or Vista, please do not run enable sleep or hibernation mode while Sound Organizer is running. Sony Corporation (“Sony”) is not responsible for any problems that may occur as a result of neglecting the instructions listed here.
- Sony is not responsible in any way or form for damages that may occur to the customer or a third party as a result of the customer exercising his/her rights according to the license agreement of Sound Organizer unless there are separate laws stipulating matters.
- Sound Organizer is copy protected. Users may not replicate or distribute the software in any way or form not prescribed by Sony
Download and Installation instructions:
- Download SoundOrganizer_V1601.exe to the desktop of your computer.
- On your desktop, double click the downloaded SoundOrganizer_V1601.exe file
- Follow the instructions on the screen
- After the Sound Organizer has been installed successfully, make sure that you have checked "Launch Sound Organizer Now", click the "Finish" button.
- Sound Organizer is launched automatically.