Article ID:402276(modified 10 May 2011)
KLV-22BX300, KLV-26BX300, KLV-32BX300, KLV-32EX300, KLV-32EX400, KLV-32EX500, KLV-32NX500, KLV-40BX400, KLV-40EX400, KLV-40EX500, KLV-40NX500, KLV-46EX400, KLV-46EX500, KLV-55EX500
IMPORTANT: This software is only for use with the products identified and sold in Indonesia, Malaysia, Middle East & Africa, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand or Vietnam. Not all models are sold in all countries.
What does this do?
Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version 1.139) provides the following benefits:
Improvements over earlier version:
- Improve performance of connection with HDMI 1.4.
How to Check if You Need the Update
Please follow the steps below to check your television's software version to determine if it needs this software update:
- On the TV remote control, press the MENU button to display the TV Menu.
- On the remote control, use the arrows to select the Settings menu. Press OK to select it.
- Navigate to the "Set-up" category and press OK to select it.
- Navigate to the "Product Information" and press OK to select it.
- The software version number will be displayed at the bottom of the System Information screen. If your software version is 1.139 or higher, your TV does not need this update.
- WARNING!! This update is permanent. After performing this update it is not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update cannot be reversed.
- If your television’s software version is 1.139 or higher, your TV does not need this update.
- If you decide to download the update, a USB storage device, such as a Sony® Micro Vault® device, or something similar, is required to perform the update. Sony is aware that not all USB storage devices are compatible with our TVs. If the software update does not automatically begin when you connect the USB storage device to the TV, you may need to format your device to the FAT32 file system, or use a different device. View formatting instructions and the list of compatible USB storage devices.
- It is highly recommended that you print out these instructions for use as a reference during the installation process.
File name: sony_tvupdate_2010_1139_ga_atv.pkg
File size: 45.3 MB (47,560,226 bytes)
Updated on: 14th June 2010