The computer does not recognize the Walkman connected via USB and the battery does not charge. (Copy of Answer 54269)
The computer does not recognize the Walkman connected via USB and the battery does not charge.
This may happen because of the following:
- Contamination on the terminals may cause the connection failed.
Please make sure to keep the terminals clean. If Walkman terminal is dirty, clean the terminals using the soft bristle toothbrush (moisturized by water).
Brush the terminals as gently, otherwise it may cause scratch on the cabinet.
After brushing, rinse it off with fresh water, wipe away the water on the Walkman using a soft cloth or cotton bud, and then leave the Walkman in a well-ventilated shady place to dry.
- Do not dry the Walkman using hot air from a hair dryer.
- The cradle is not waterproof. Please do not wet the cradle.
- Your Walkman is not properly attached to the supplied USB cradle.
Attach your Walkman to the supplied USB cradle properly and firmly. Charging will start (the OPR lamp lights up in red) even if the connection was not made properly, but there is a possibility that the computer has not recognized the Walkman. In such a case, remove the Walkman from the supplied USB cradle and then attach to the supplied USB cradle again. Please check the following:
- Make sure the terminals of your Walkman is clean.
- Attach your Walkman to the supplied USB cradle.
Make sure the terminals of your Walkman (1) and the supplied USB cradle (3) are in contact with each other.
- Connect the USB plug of the supplied USB cradle to an operating computer.
Charging starts. Make sure the OPR lamp window (4) on the supplied USB cradle lights up in red.