Use any of the procedures below to determine if the internal optical drive of the computer is a Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical disc drive.
- Check device manager.
- Open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, click the plus (+) next to DVD/CD ROM drives to expand the selection.
- If the computer has an internal Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive, BD will be listed in the optical drive description.
- Eject the optical drive tray and look at the configuration of the lasers. If two optical laser emitters are present, the computer has an internal Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive.
NOTE: One laser is used for CD or DVD media and the other, blue laser is used for Blu-ray Disc (BD) media.
- Check the marketing specifications of the computer.
- The InterVideo WinDVD BD or CyberLink PowerDVD software applications are supplied on some VAIO computers that include a Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive. The presence of either of these software applications can be an indication that the computer has an internal Blu-ray Disc (BD) optical drive.