Tiles on the Start screen are organized into groups, and each of those groups can be named. Follow these steps to name a group of tiles.
NOTE: If desired, you can move tiles into different groups, or create new ones.
- On the Start screen, in the bottom-right corner of the screen, click the [-] (Zoom Out) button.
- If you are using a touch screen, pinch your fingers together on the Start screen to zoom-out.
- This will give the Start screen a zoomed-out view to allow you to see all the tiles without having to scroll.
- In the Zoomed Out Start screen, right-click the group of tiles that you would like to name and, on the App Bar, click the Name group icon.
- The Zoomed Out Start screen view gives you the ability to move groups into a different arrangement, just as you can when arranging individual tiles in the normal view.
- You must be in the Zoomed Out Start screen view in order to move or name groups. Those functions cannot be performed in the standard Start screen view. Similarly, you cannot move individual tiles in the Zoomed Out Start screen view, but must be in the standard Start screen view move or arrange individual tiles.
- At the Name Group prompt, enter the name you want the tile group to have, and then click the Name button.
The name of the group of tiles is now displayed on the Start screen.