The car stereo receivers will need to be reset under the following conditions:
- Before operating the unit for the first time.
- After replacing the car battery.
- After changing connections and/or wiring.
- If you have a malfunction with the car stereo.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Performing the RESET procedure will erase the clock settings and some stored content.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
- Remove the faceplate from the front of the car stereo.
- Using a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen, press the RESET button on the front panel of the car stereo.
- These steps are for the in-dash car stereo receivers that have removable faceplates and may vary slightly based on your specific model number.
- For car stereos that have Bluetooth (BT) wireless features, it would be necessary to perform the BT Initialize procedure to completely reset it.