The TV can be connected directly with a Screen mirroring and Miracast compatible device without the use of a cable or wireless router (or access point).
A connection must be made by selecting mirroring on the TV and on the source device.
Refer to the list of Wi-Fi Certified Miracast devices found on the Wi-Fi Alliance website for more details.
- Connectivity with all Miracast compatible devices is not guaranteed.
- Information below are not for Android TV. If you are using Android TV, you can see how to use screen mirroring for Android TV .
- Apple devices do not support Screen mirroring (as of November 2014).
- If your device does not support screen mirroring, you can use the Wi-Fi Direct function to display photos or play videos/music stored in the device on the TV
To register your device to the TV
NOTE: The operation menu varies depending on the model. The instructions below use the W900A series as an example.
- Press the INPUT button on the TV remote, select Screen mirroring using the / buttons, then press the Enter button.
* The TV goes into standby and waits for a connection from a mobile device.
NOTE: When the standby screen of the Screen mirroring is displayed, the wireless connection between the TV and your wireless router (access point) is disconnected.
- Connect your Screen-mirroring-compatible mobile device to the TV. Configure your mobile device to connect to the TV.
The instructions below use Xperia (Android 4.4 or later) as an example.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Device connection or Xperia Connectivity.
- Select Screen mirroring.
- On the Screen mirroring screen, tap Start.
- Select OK.
- Tap the name of your TV.
You can check the detailed instructions in the following movie.
To list connected devices/deregister devices
- When the standby screen for the Screen mirroring is displayed, press the OPTIONS button, then select Show Device List / Delete.
- To deregister a device, select the device in the list to delete, then press the button. Then, select Yes in the confirmation display.
- To deregister all devices, press the OPTIONS button in the list, select Delete All, then Yes in the confirmation display.
Icons on the left of the list show the following.
(check icon): Connected devices
(display icon): Screen mirroring compatible devices
To display dialog when attempting to connect a device with the TV
- Activating this function can avoid an unintended device from being connected.
- When the standby screen for the Screen mirroring is displayed, press the OPTIONS button, then select Registration Notification → On.
- Note that once you decline registration request from a device, you will not be able to connect the device unless you delete it from the device list
- To connect the declined device, press the OPTIONS button, select Show Device List / Delete, then delete the declined device. Then, make a new connection with the device.
NOTE: Connecting devices must conform to the following:
- Screen mirroring compatible devices: 2.4GHz connection (5GHz not supported).
- Miracast compatible devices: 2.4GHz connection (5GHz not supported).