By touching the speaker with the smartphone(*), the speaker is turned on automatically and then proceeds to pairing and Bluetooth connection.
*Although only smartphones are mentioned in the descriptions, the description applies also to tablets.
- Set the switch to the center on the speaker.
You do not need to turn on the speaker. The speaker turns on when you touch it with the smartphone.
- Touch the smartphone on the N-Mark of the speaker until the smartphone vibrates or plays a short sound.
Unlock the screen of the smartphone beforehand.
Follow the on-screen instructions displayed on the smartphone to complete the connection.
When the (Bluetooth) indicator (blue) stops flashing and remains lit, the speaker is connected with the device.
- Start playback on the smartphone.
- When the switch of the speaker is set to NFC OFF, you cannot make a connection. You may set the switch to NFC OFF to prevent the speaker from turning on or connecting with other devices if you touch the speaker with other device unintentionally. However, if you set the switch to NFC OFF when the speaker is connected with another device, you can disconnect the speaker from the device by touching the speaker with the device.
- Refer to the manual of the smartphone for the designated location to be touched on the smartphone.
- If pairing and the Bluetooth connection fail, do the following.
- Turn on the NFC function or activate “NFC Easy Connect” (if installed), on the smartphone, then move the smartphone slowly over the N-Mark.
- Remove the case from the smartphone if using a commercially available smartphone case.