The Lock Screen can be customize to display status messages from various applications. Additionally, some apps can also be set to display not just status messages, but detailed information.
NOTE: Currently only certain apps are available to add to the Lock Screen display, though more may become available as additional apps are installed from the Windows Store .
Follow these steps to add or remove an application status message to the Lock Screen.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen and click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Win + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click PC and devices.
- In the PC and devices screen, on the Lock Screen tab, scroll down to view the Lock screen apps section.
- In the Lock screen apps section, under Choose apps to run in the background..., click one of the + (Plus) icons and then click to select the desired app.
- The applications will be displayed on the Lock Screen in the order presented in the Lock screen apps section.
- Once an application is selected for a given slot, the icon will change from a + (Plus) icon to an icon appropriate for the application chosen.
- To remove an application, click the desired App icon and then click to select Don't show quick status here.
- To choose an app to display detailed status, under Choose an app to display detailed status, click the + (Plus) icon, and then click to select the desired app.