Follow these steps to configure the keyboard backlight feature.
IMPORTANT: In order to use this procedure your computer must have the Backlit Keyboard feature. Not all Sony computers are equipped with this feature. To see if your computer has it, consult the Marketing Specifications or Users Guide.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type VAIO Control Center, and then click the VAIO Control Center icon.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click Keyboard and Mouse.
- In the Keyboard and Mouse screen, under Keyboard Backlight, click the down arrow in the box under Set the keyboard backlight action when plugged in and click to select the desired action.
- Always on
- Turn on in low light conditions
- Do not turn on
- If the Turn on in low light conditions option was selected, you will also have the opportunity to select a length of time until backlight turns off when there is no keyboard activity:
- 10 Seconds
- 30 Seconds
- 60 Seconds
- Do not turn off
- Click the down arrow in the box under Set the keyboard backlight action when running on battery and click to select the desired action.
NOTE: The action and time options are the same when running on battery as they are for when the computer is plugged in.