The BRAVIA TV is not recognizing an Xperia smartphone connected via a USB cable.
Check the following.
IMPORTANT: This article is for Xperia smartphones, and not all smartphones are supported via the USB connection.
- Make sure the latest system software (firmware) update is installed on the TV.
- Reconnect the USB cable, and make sure that the BRAVIA TV and the mobile device are securely connected.
- Make sure the USB cable supports data transfers. USB cables that are exclusively for charging cannot be used.
- If the mobile device is using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), change the settings to MSC (Mass Storage Class) because the TV cannot recognize MTP.
Note: For the specifications and setting methods of your smartphone, refer to the manual for your device.
- If your smartphone is not recognized, even with an MSC connection, there is a possibility that the internal memory does not support MSC. In such cases, transfer the data (pictures, etc.) to an SD card or other type of removable memory.
- If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try another connection method. For details, refer to the Mirror, cast, or display the content or screen of a mobile device on the TV screen article.