- There are two types of remote control that supports voice recognition, the Touchpad remote control and IR (Infrared) remote control . These remote controls have a microphone mark or button as shown in the image below.
- A (Touchpad Remote Control that supports voice recognition)
- B (IR remote control that supports voice recognition)
- Check the instruction manual of your Android TV to see which type of remote control that supports Voice recognition is supplied.
As part of the normal operation, even when pressing the Microphone button on the Remote Control, the voice recognition function will not work and Search box will not appear in certain display or setup screens. The following are some examples of when this function may not work:
NOTE: The features listed below are examples and these target features are subject to change in the future.
- In the contents of the Help Guide (when focused away from the header) (*1)
- Sony Legal
- Login screen of PlayMemories Online in Album, and Help screen of PlayMemories Online in Album setting
- PS Video (*1)
- SONY ID (Sony account registration screen)
- NetAD (launched from DUX)
- NetAD (launched from Sony Select)
- PS Now Store (*1)
- Action menu
- During initial setup (*1)
- During initial setup (except selecting by Home > Settings > Initial setup in the TV category) (*2)
- Google Open Source Licenses
- Google Terms of Service
- System WebView licenses (*2)
- Casting YouTube (*1)
(*1): For 2015 and 2016 models
(*2): For 2017 models