IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the issue occurs, follow these troubleshooting steps - in order - to see if the issue is resolved:
- Set the RF Channel to Off, then back On: Select Setup → Advanced Settings → Speaker Settings → Wireless Speaker Settings → RF Channel to Off, then set to On.
- Set the Wireless Playback Quality to Connection: Select Setup → Advanced Settings → Speaker Settings → Wireless Speaker Settings → Wireless Playback Quality to Connection.
- Set the distance between a wireless LAN router and the control box: Install the control box and speakers at a distance of at least 1.5 m (5 ft) from any wireless LAN router (a).Note: The issue may be also improved by changing the wireless LAN router antenna’s direction or angle.
- Check the control box installation condition and wireless environment:
- If a device that generates electromagnetic radiation is nearby, such as a wireless LAN device or microwave oven, move the speaker system away from that device.
- Turn off any other wireless LAN devices that are not in use to reduce the interference, and then check to see if the issue is resolved. Note: If the issue is resolved, change the network connection of the peripheral device from wireless LAN to wired LAN, if possible.
- The control box and speakers are installed too far away from each other. Bring them closer together.
- If there is any obstacle between the control box and speakers, remove or move the control box and speakers away from the obstacle.
- Do not install the control box too far back on a shelf. Install the control box in or on a shelf so that the front panel display is not hidden.
- Move the control box, change the direction of the control box, or install the control box far away from a TV.
- Interference between the network connection and speaker connection may occur. Try one of the following:
- Change the wireless LAN connection of the control box and the router to a wired LAN connection.
- Switch the band of the wireless LAN router to 2.4 GHz, then set up the wireless network connection between the speaker system and the wireless LAN router again using a 2.4 GHz band.
- Reset the speaker system.Note: For details on how to reset the speaker system, refer to the Help Guide.