What to do if the actual working time of battery is shorter than what is indicated in product catalogue?
- Why does the surplus battery capacity decline so rapidly that the battery runs shorter than what is indicated in product catalogue?
- Why is the run-time (surplus battery capacity) of a fully-charged battery showed in the Battery Scope and Battery Power not as long as what is indicated in product catalogue?
The battery run-time which is indicated in product catalogue is a value got when the PC is in the power-saving mode.
When the battery is full, please confirm whether the computer is in power-saving mode before checking the battery run-time.
|LCD power-saving mode
- Reduce the brightness of LCD.
- Cut off the power of LCD monitor if it is not being used (LCD/Standby).
|Hard disk power-saving mode
- Cut off the power of the hard disk if it is not being used (Spin Down /Hibernation).
- Try to terminate the program which visits the hard disk frequently or change its settings.
|Pull out peripherals and cut off the built-in power.
- Remove devices such as PC cards and memory sticks from the slot.
- Remove USB, i.LINK and other similar devices which connect to other interfaces.
- Turn off built-in wireless network and Bluetooth.
- If the devices are not being used, turn on power-saving mode/Cut off the power (when the power-saving mode of practical programs can be used).
- Try to remove the added memory.
|The power-saving mode of CPU and Display adapter
- Use CPU power-saving mode via related practical programs of CPU power-saving mode.
- Lower down the DPI.
- Reduce screen resolution (color bits).
- Lower bus-timing which can be set by practical programs.
|The power-saving mode of Audio/Speaker
- Please unplug the headphones and microphone that are connected to PC.
- Turn down the volume or set mute.
- Disable acoustics and other special functions which can be set by practical programs.
- Running the computer in power-saving mode may influence some functions of the programs.
If the computer runs unstably after turning on power-saving mode, please restore to the previous settings.
- The battery run-time
If battery is new, please refer to the following information.
- Please refer to VAIO Manual regarding how to set power-saving mode.
- Different PC models have different related folders regarding power-saving mode, practical programs, Max Battery, etc.
- Power-saving mode can be turned on by pressing Fn and other keys together at the same time.
Please refer to the contents such as Keyboard, Keyboard Shortcut and Shortcut, which are pre-installed in VAIO Manual.
The keyboard shortcuts which are the combination of Fn and other keys vary with different PC models.
- The computer can not be turned into power-saving mode if the hard disk, CD, DVD or the online software are running.
When PC is operating system detection or automatic updates, PC may fail to enter power-saving mode.