JEITA A measuring standard is based on the following conditions:
1. Switch off the Wireless LAN switch
2. Close the Prepare your VAIO
3. Close the Side Bar
Right-click the Windows Sidebar icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
4. Close the VAIO Smart Network from the taskbar
Right-click VAIO Smart Network icon on the taskbar, and then select Exit.
5. Set the desktop background to VAIO Long Battery Life Wallpaper 1366x768
Right-click on the desktop -> Personalize -> Desktop Background and then select VAIO Long Battery Life Wall Paper (1366*768)
6. Exit VAIO Gate
7. Set Volume control to Mute
Rignt-click the Volume icon on the taskbar -> Select Open volume Mixer - Click Mute icon
8. Turn off the Windows automatic updates
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Click Windows updates -> Click Change Settings -> Uncheck Never check for updates.
9. Do not change initial settings of McAfee Security Center
10. Select VAIO Control Center -> Power Management -> Power Options -> Select Silent Mode
11. Select VAIO Control Center -> Display -> Automatic Brightness Setings -> Unselect Adjust brightness automatically.
12. Select Graphics Properties -> Display Setings -> Refresh Rate -> Select 40 Hertz.
1. Select VAIO Maximum Battery
Control Panel - Power Options, Select VAIO Maximum Battery
2. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Advanced settings tab
Sleep After - Never
Hibernate After - Never
Dim display after - Never
Turn off display After - Never
Low battery notificdation - Never
3. Go to Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> VAIO Power Management tab
Color quality - Medium (16 bit)
Memory Card Slot - Disable
CD/DVD/BD - Auto Off
1. Go to Control Panel -> Power Option -> Advanced Settings and then set brightness to 28%
Please refer to the steps below
1. Fully charge the battery of the notebook.
2. Play the video clip stored on the HDD Drive continuously.
Please refer to the following to obtain the test media file.
a. Visit http://it.jeita.or.jp/mobile/e/index.html
b. Click 3. MPEG measurement file and then click MPEG file for JEITA Battery Run Time Measurement Method approx. 30MB
c. Save the MPEG file onto the HDD Drive.
3. Calculate the running time after unplugging the AC adaptor until the notebook shuts down automatically.
For more information on JEITA A Battery Run Time Measurement Method for VAIO notebook, please visit the following website.