- There are coloured stains or tint on the display, what can I do?
- Android 9.0 Pie
Try these methods one after the other. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method, before trying the next one.
- Turn off your device and then turn it back on.
- Make sure that the perceived stains are not caused by a protective screen film or case used together with the device. Remove any such accessories to make sure that there are stains on the display.
- Use the Tests feature in the Support app to find out if the stains are the result of one or more missing or odd-coloured pixels.
- Check if there is a software update available for your Xperia device using Xperia Companion. Tap or click here to read more about how to update and find the latest software version.
- Perform a factory data reset. Note! Back up all personal data before performing a reset. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a factory data reset. Content on an external SD card is kept.
- If coloured stains or tint still appear, contact us.
To run a display test
- On the Tests tab, scroll down and tap Display, then follow the on-screen instructions.
To perform a factory data reset
- Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > RESET PHONE.
- If required, draw your screen unlock pattern or enter your screen unlock password or PIN to continue.
- Tap ERASE EVERYTHING.
Note! When you perform a factory data reset, you erase all personal data stored on the internal storage of your Xperia device. Make sure that you always back up data stored on the internal storage that you want to keep before performing a factory data reset. Photos, videos, music and documents stored on the SD card do not get erased during a factory data reset.