The FIXED or VARIABLE audio output setting changes the way audio is sent through the television AUDIO OUT jacks.
- FIXED: When this setting is selected, the television audio through the AUDIO OUT jacks does not change when using the TV remote control volume buttons. The audio is fixed at one level.
- VARIABLE: When this setting is selected, the television audio through the AUDIO OUT jack changes when using the volume buttons on the TV remote control. The audio varies based on signals sent from the TV remote control.
Steps to set the audio output on Android TV™ models:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Audio output — Headphone/Audio out.
- Select Sound — Headphone/Audio out.
- Select Audio out (Fixed) or Audio out (Variable), then select OK.
- Disconnect headphones from the AUDIO OUT before changing the settings.
- The procedure may differ depending on the model of your TV. If model-specific information is required, refer to the manual supplied with the TV.