- Connect the antenna cable while the TV's power cable is unplugged.
- Check that the antenna cable core is not bent or broken.
- Loose connections between the terminal and cable may result in incorrect signal reception, or broadcast sound and image distortion.
- Try moving the connected antenna cable slightly. If it comes off immediately or if the reception status changes when moved, we recommend replacing the connector/antenna cable.
Step 1: Making a Connection
As shown in the illustration below, use a compatible antenna cable to securely connect the antenna to the antenna terminal on the TV.
The location and connection method of the antenna terminal on the TV depends on your region and model. For details, refer to the Setup Guide.
A. CABLE/ANTENNA terminal on TV
B. Antenna cable
C. Antenna terminal
Step 2: TV Set-up
After connecting the antenna cable, connect the TV power cord (mains lead), turn on the TV, and setup the channels.
The channel setup method depends on your region and model. For details, refer to the Help Guide or Reference Guide.
NOTE: You need to retune the TV after moving to a new residence, changing service providers, or to search for newly launched channels.
(If the procedure or UI in the article is different from your TV, refer to the Help Guide or Reference Guide.)
- For Android TV™: How to tune or retune Sony's Android TV (Analogue/Cable/Terrestrial Guide)?
- For other TV: How to tune or retune Sony LCD TV