The battery drains quickly.
Check the following concerning handling of the battery.
- Battery performance temporarily declines when used in cold temperatures, reducing the time that it can be used.
To get more operating time out of the battery when cold, warm it up in a pocket or the like, and then reattach it to the camera just before shooting.
- The battery drains quicker if you frequently perform operations such as flash and zoom photography or shoot movies.
- The battery normally discharges slightly even when the camera is turned off. Remove the battery after charging, and store it separately.
- The battery may not be able to charge properly if the battery terminals are dirty.
Wipe off the dirt with a dry cloth, cotton swab, or the like.
- The battery has a limited life. Battery capacity will diminish as it is repeatedly used or over time.
If the time that the battery can be used diminishes substantially, it may be time to replace it with a new one. Try a different Sony battery. If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be repaired. Go to Product Repair.