About this download
Sony brings you the latest printer driver for the DPP-FP97.
By installing the printer driver and connecting the DPP-FP97 to a computer running Windows with a USB cable, you will be able to print pictures from your computer.
To avoid problems when using the printer or installing the software, read the explanation below before installing the software.
Compatible Operating System
- Windows® 7
- Windows Vista® SP2
- Windows® XP SP3
- Windows® 2000 Professional SP4
Sony does not guarantee operation on computers running Windows® 2000 SP2 or former, Windows® Me or former operating systems.
Minimum Operating Environment
- CPU Pentium III 500 MHz or higher
- RAM 256 MB or more
(Pentium III 800 MHz or higher and 512 MB or more recommended)
- 500 MB or more hard disk space
(Depending on your version of Windows, more space may be required to install the software. Further memory space will be required if you intend to edit photo data.)
- Problems may arise if you connect multiple USB devices to a single computer (including another printers) or if you use a hub. If a problem occurs, reduce the number of connected devices.
- You cannot operate the printer from a USB device used simultaneously with the printer.
- Do not unplug the USB cable while data is being transferred or printed as this will affect printing.
- The printer does not support standby, sleep, and hibernation modes and restarting from those modes.
Do not allow the PC connected to the printer to switch to one of those modes during printing. If you do so, printing may be failed.
If you pause a printing job in process, and resume printing after a while, printing may not be performed correctly.
- The recommended environment does not guarantee operation on all computers.
Download size: 5,058,424 bytes
Updated on: 8th October 2009
- DPP-FP97 Printer Driver For Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000
- Windows 2000
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Please log on as the Administrator.
- Do not connect the printer to the computer until instructed. If you accidentally connect the printer before instructed, please operate as follows.
- For Windows 2000/XP/Vista:
1. The [Search For New Hardware Wizard] (Windows 2000/XP) or [Found New Hardware] (Windows Vista) window appears.
2. Disconnect the printer and click Cancel.
- For Windows 7:
1. The printer will be registered as an unspecified device.
2. Install the downloaded driver as instructed below.
3. Connect the printer, and open Devices and Printers.
4. Right-click on the DPP-FP97 icon and select Troubleshoot.
5. Select Apply this fix.
- Download and save DPPFP6777W02.exe (5,058,424 bytes) to the desktop.
- Double-click the DPPFP6777W02.exe icon on the desktop and follow the instructions to install the software.