This information is for the following models:
About this download
This page provides instructions on how to update the firmware for Headphone Amplifier TA-ZH1ES to version 1.03.
Benefits of Update:
- Improve the symptom which misidentifies 32bit/384kHz source as 24bit/384kHz.
- Download the file to your computer.
- Make sure that downloaded file size is correct.
- Extract the update file.
- Right-click on the update file. From the appearing menu, click "Send To..."
Note: Depending on the OS environment you are using, it may be decompressed simultaneously after downloading, or it may not be decompressed as described above. In this case, please use a decompression tool.
Target PC environments
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 7 (Home Basic and Starter Edition is not supported)
- Windows Vista (Home Basic and Starter Edition is not supported)
- Connect the USB-B port of main unit to your computer.
Turn on the main unit and set the input to PC(USB-B).
- Execute the downloaded update program.
- Click the Connect after execution of update program.
- The following screen will appear after connection to main unit.
You can check the current software version.
- Sony Headphone Amplifier Updater(Win)_v1.0.3.zip
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 32bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows Vista
How to Update
- Once updated, you can not go back to the previous software version.
- Stop any music play before doing the firmware update.
Do not do the following while updating.
- Turn off the device.
- Disconnect the USB cable which connects the main unit to your computer.
- Operate with the main unit and remote control.
- Click Disconnect.
- Click Update.
When the update starts, the following screen will appear.
- When the update is completed, the following screen will appear.
Click the Exit.
- Disconnect the AC power cord of main unit.
- Check the software has been updated to the latest version.
- If Disconnect is clicked during the update or if updating stops halfway, please restart from
How to check Firmware Version and try reinstalling the firmware.