About this download
For owners of Walkman W series, we offer NW-E390 firmware update program to the latest version 1.01. Please read carefully the following instructions.
* This update utility is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
Contents of the update
This utility updates the Walkman player to system software version 1.01 and provides the following benefits:
- Improve shuffle playback
- Improve other functions
NW-E390 Series that have firmware version lower than 1.01.
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- Select Settings > Common Settings > Unit Information.
- Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- macOS 10.13 - 10.15
Not supported by Operating Systems other than above.
- 1 GHz or more
- 1 GB or more (32bit) / 2 GB or more (64bit)
- 7.71MB (8,089,285 byte)
- After updating, the firmware cannot be reinstated an earlier version.
- Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the data may be lost when upgrading as they are remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 30 MB.
Please confirm the free space.
If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
- When downloading the program and upgrading the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
- The update program download is started by clicking Download button.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your PC by USB cable (supplied).
- Quit all software running on your PC.
- Double click the saved file, and work by following displayed massages.
* Please do not disconnect the unit from the PC during upgrading.
Note for macOS 10.15 users: When you start the update tool the first time on macOS 10.15, a ["Software Update Tool" would like to access files on a removable volume] message is shown. If you click [OK], the updating starts. If you click [Don’t Allow], an error will be displayed and the updating will fail.
- When the message of completing upgrading is displayed, click Finish button.
Confirm the firmware version after the update program is installed successfully by referring to steps fromHow to confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
The update program installation is completed when 1.01 is shown on the screen.