Questions & Answers: 178
- The Camcorder / Handycam displays an error code with the letter C: or E: followed by a number.Error codes display to help diagnose issues detected by the camcorder. Below is a list of common error code numbers, followed by their causes and the necessary steps to resolve the issue. IMPORTANT: If model-specific
- There is no picture or a black screen appears in the viewfinder or LCD when attempting to record.Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if there is no picture or a black screen appears in the viewfinder or LCD when attempting to record. NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this
- How to view movies saved on a computer or a USB external HDD by Direct Copy function on a TV.Select Your Playback Method To play back movies saved on a computer: Connect the camcorder to the computer and write back the movies to the camcorder using the PlayMemories Home software . NOTE: Only AVCHD, MP4
- Images and audio do not play smoothly.If the movies recorded in PS mode are mixed, images and audio may be interrupted at the beginning or at the end when played back. This is normal operation.
- The projected video image is blurry or out of focus.This may occur if the focus is not adjusted properly or if the projector lens is dirty. Use a soft cloth to wipe any dust or blemishes away from the projector lens. Afterwards, move the focus lever until the projected
- The Self-diagnosis display (error code) such as E:62:11 and E:62:12 appears.These error codes appear when the Self-diagnosis function works. As your camcorder is equipped with Balanced Optical SteadyShot, if excessive force is applied to the lens while the power is on, the protection of
- Is there any software that can edit the user bit and time code of the video of XAVC S format?WARNING: A third-party software is only recommended for your convenience and should be used at your own risk. Sony does not support nor guarantee the reliability of any third-party software. The supplied software
- Will dust get inside the camcorder if there is a crack around the lens?The lens unit is equipped with a stopper mechanism which prevents dust or debris from getting inside the camcorder. NOTE: The body of the camcorder is not dust-proof.
- The camcorder makes a clacking noise when the power is offThis camcorder is equipped with a Balanced Optical SteadyShot system which controls the entire optical path, including the lens and image sensor as one floating unit. When the power is turned off, however, the camcorder