Cannot connect Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to the car stereo
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Available services or connection methods will vary depending on the car stereo. Check the manual for the compatibility of your car stereo.
- Before starting, make sure that your smartphone is compatible with Apple CarPlay and/or Android Auto. The requirements for smartphones may differ between USB and wireless connection, even for the same service.
Check the following:
- For Apple CarPlay only: On the iPhone, select Settings → Screen Time → Content & Privacy Restrictions, then set CarPlay to Allow.
- Restart your smartphone.
- Try the following, depending on the connection method:
If the issue is not resolved after trying the appropriate steps above, you can also refer to the following service support page:
- Apple CarPlay: https://support.apple.com/HT210892
- Android Auto: https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348190
Note: The URLs listed are to third-party websites and subject to change.