This information is for the following models:
Read this section before downloading the file.
Unless stated otherwise, the file listed below must be installed BEFORE the Firmware update to v1.904 for Asia Pacific in order for it to work properly. If more than one Required file is listed, install them in the order presented on this page.
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Removal of Photo Sharing Plus service
- Improves general performance of the TV
- Improves performance and stability of overall UI operation
- Improves general performance of the YouTube/IPTV apps
- Corrected(Fixed) the security vulnerability of web browser
*This firmware contains a fix for the security vulnerability discovered by the Viettel Cyber Security team working with Trend Micro’s Zero Day Initiative. We would like to thank them for their support.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
View previous benefits and improvements
- Only for use with TV sold in Asia Pacific. Not all models are sold in all countries.
Check the software version
Your software may already be up to date. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which software version you have - follow these instructions:
- Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu.
- Navigate to Settings, and press Enter.
- Navigate to Customer Support and press Enter.
- The model and software version should be displayed on the top right-hand corner of the screen: v1.904
- If the version number is lower than v1.200, please install version v1.200 from the Download section on your model page before you install version v1.904.
- If the version number is v1.904 or higher, you already have the most recent firmware.
There are 2 ways to update the firmware on your BRAVIA TV:
- Using the Automatic Software Download function (easy)
- Using a USB storage device
Using the "Automatic Software Download" function (easy):
Sony provides software updates in order to enhance functionalities and provide users with the latest TV experience. The easiest way to receive software updates is to use the Automatic Software Download. This setting is enabled by default.
If you have enabled Automatic Software Download below, you will automatically receive a notification to update your TV.
- Press the HOME button on the remote.
- Select Settings, and press Enter.
- Select Customer Support and press Enter.
- Select Automatic Software Download.
- Select On to download the software automatically. Select Off to disable it.
The new firmware update will be rolling out gradually to all Internet-connected TVs over the weeks following its release.
IMPORTANT: The following "System Requirements," "File Info," "Download" and "Install," sections relate to the USB storage device update procedure. You can ignore them if you completed the update using the "Automatic Software Download" feature.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers on the Sony Support Site.
Using a USB storage device:
You can also update the software by using a USB storage device. If an Internet connection is not set up on your TV, or you don’t want to wait for the update via Automatic Software Download function, try to download and update using a USB storage device as instructed below.
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB storage device
- Firmware update to v1.904 for TV
Zip File Name
- 280 073 169 bytes
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Do not turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Do not press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update. (USB HDD recording models only)
How to download the Updater
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB storage device.
- Download the update file to your PC.
- Click the Download button on the top of this page, then read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the Download button on the bottom of the page to download the update file on your PC.
- Verify the downloaded file name and size.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Verify that the size of the sony_tvupdate_2018_1904_dtf_auth.zip file is 280 073 169 bytes.
NOTE: For Windows PC, verify the Size instead of Size on disk on the Properties screen.
- Extract the downloaded file.
After you extracted the downloaded file, you will find the folder sony_dtv02B40B0CB4BF_00204201.
- Insert the USB storage device into your PC.
- Copy or drag and drop the folder sony_dtv02B40B0CB4BF_00204201 to the root directory of your USB device.
NOTE: The root directory is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.
- Remove the USB storage device from your computer and continue to the next section.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file and prepared your USB device, you can install it on your TV. The process can take up to 15-30 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on the TV.
- Make sure that no USB devices are inserted into your TV.
- Insert your USB storage device containing the folder sony_dtv02B40B0CB4BF_00204201 into a USB port of the TV set.
NOTE: Any USB port can be used if the TV has multiple USB ports.
- Press HOME on the remote to open the HOME menu.
- Navigate to the Settings category and press Enter to select it.
- Navigate to and select Customer Support.
- Navigate to and select Software Update, then select USB.
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on-screen instructions.
- The update will start and an orange Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV.
WARNING: During the software installation process, please do not:
- Remove the USB device
- Turn off the TV
- Disconnect the TV from the power supply
- When the Firmware update complete message is displayed on the TV set, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update. - Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- After the TV turn back on, remove your USB storage device from the USB port.
Step 2: Check the update was successful
Check the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully been installed.
- If the version number is v1.904 or higher, the software update was successful.
- If the version number isn't v1.904 or higher, download and install the update again.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating the software over the Internet:
- Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
- Can I install an older version of the software?
No. To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older software version is not possible: the latest software version contains all the benefits and improvements of previous versions.
- Is it normal for the TV to turn off during the update process?
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the Internet
If either message An error occurred during the software update or Software cannot be updated using this USB device is displayed on the TV screen, please proceed to the following procedures for a possible solution:
- Make sure your USB storage device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the POWER button on the TV set.
- Press the POWER button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
If the message No newer version of the TV software was found is displayed on the TV front panel display, your TV already has newest software version installed, so you do not need to update it.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the Questions and Answers section on the Sony Support Site.