This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
- Improves secure communication
IMPORTANT: This firmware update must be performed to keep using the Chromecast built-in music distribution service. If you do not manually install the update, it will be automatically installed when there is an active network connection and the speaker is not in use.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
View previous benefits and improvements
- Firmware update 6.34
- 158 MB (166 473 920 bytes)
Check the firmware version
If the version is displayed as 6.05 or earlier, we strongly recommend for you to update the firmware.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of the firmware you currently have:
Note: The image below uses the screen of SRS-HG10.
- Connect the unit to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone, using Sony | Music Center (SongPal) application.
- Start the Sony | Music Center (SongPal) application on your smartphone.
- Select your speaker.
- Select Settings.
- Select Other Settings.
- Confirm your Speaker firmware version.
Download & Install
The software Update is available via the internet (network). Please check the following steps.
- If the power indicator on the unit keeps flashing in green, even after pushing the power button, push the RESET button located at the bottom of the unit.
- Please make sure your unit is connected to a power outlet via the USB AC adaptor before starting the update.
Note: You cannot update to the latest software if the set is NOT connected to the internet (network).
- Connect to a power supply outlet.
Note: the software update cannot be performed when using battery power only.
- Use the USB AC adapter and supplied micro USB cable to connect the unit's DC IN 5V port to a power outlet.
- Connect to the internet (network)
Note: For details, please refer to the unit's instruction manual.
- Connecting using Sony | Music Center (SongPal) application on your mobile device
- Connecting via Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Connecting using a PC
- If the speaker is turned on, press the (on/standby) button, and turn it off.
- Plug the AC power cord connected to the AC adaptor into an AC outlet securely. Note: The software update cannot be performed when the unit is only relying on the battery for power.
- Press the (on/standby) button to turn the power on.
- Wait until the LINK indicator stops flashing and stays lit in orange. Whenever a software update becomes available, the WPS/UPDATE button lights up.
- Tap and hold the WPS/UPDATE button until you hear beeps. When the software update starts, the WPS/UPDATE button starts flashing. Note: The speaker is not operational while updating.
- The blinking (interval and condition) of the WPS/UPDATE button changes during the update progress.
- The WPS/UPDATE button turns off and the speaker switches to standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically after the update is completed.
- Check the version by following the steps described under Check the firmware version to confirm the update has been performed successfully.
Questions & Answers
All the function LEDs are lit up
The software update failed. Press the (on/standby) button to turn off the speaker, then turn it on again. Make sure the speaker is connected to the internet and the WPS/UPDATE button is lit, then start updating again.