This information is for the following models:
About this install
Benefits and improvements
- This utility installs an updated version of the USB Audio driver software to support the playback of your audio files from your computer using the USB connection and also provides improved performance for the USB-B function.
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
Note: The RSX-GS9 model supports Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 only.
- USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
- Make sure to log on to your computer as an Administrator.
- Do not turn off the computer until after the update is complete.
- Failure to follow the instructions, or an interruption in the update process, may cause issues with the software operation.
- If a Windows needs your permission to continue message appears in the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue to proceed.
- Connect the USB cable:
- For MAP-S1, SRS-X9, SRS-X88, SRS-X99, SRS-ZR7, CMT-SX7/SX7B, and CAS-1 units: Connect from the computer to the (type B) terminal on the back panel.
- For SRS-HG1 (h.ear go), and SRS-HG10 (h.ear go 2) units: Connect from the computer to the (type micro B) terminal on the back panel.
- For RSX-GS9 units: Connect from the computer to the (type micro B) terminal on the front panel.
- Open the Device Manager window on your computer, then click the Sound, video and game controllers.
- Turn on the unit:
- For CAS-1 units: On the remote control, select the USB-B function by pressing the USB-B button.
- For MAP-S1, CMT-SX7, or CMT-SX7B units: On the remote control, select the USB REAR function by pressing the FUNCTION button.
- For SRS-X9, SRS-X88, and SRS-X99 units: Select the USB-B function by touching the USB-B button.
- For SRS-ZR7 units: Select USB-B mode by touching the Function button.
- For SRS-HG1 (h.ear go), and SRS-HG10 (h.ear go 2) units: Select the USB function by pressing the FUNCTION button.
- For RSX-GS9 units: Select the USB-DAC function by pushing the source button on the front panel or on the remote.
Note: If Sony Audio is listed, the correct driver has already been installed on your computer.
- Right-click the listed driver and select Update Driver.
- Click the Search automatically for drivers.
- Click the Search for updated drivers on Windows Update. A Windows Update window appears.
- Select the Check for updates, and if the View optional updates appears, click the message.
- Select the arrow next to Driver updates, select Sony Corporation - MEDIA -, and then click Download and install.
Note: The Sony Audio will be listed in the Sound, video and game controllers section of the Device Manager.
- Right-click the Sony Audio and select the Properties.
- On the Driver tab, confirm the Driver Provider and the Driver Version.
- Driver Provider: Sony Corporation
- Driver Version: 22.214.171.12426
- The USB Audio driver installation is complete.
How to uninstall the driver software?
- Click Device Manager → Sound, video and game controllers, then right-click Sony Audio and select the Uninstall device.
- Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, and then select Uninstall.