Try a solution based on the issue you are experiencing.
- When the standby indicator blinks in red
- When the standby indicator turns off
- When images from a device connected to the TV are not displayed
- For models equipped with the Presence Sensor (Other than Android TV™ and Google TV™ models)
- Resetting the TV may solve the issue when it is caused by a temporary malfunction.
Refer to the following FAQs to reset the TV.
Follow the steps below to see if any devices connected to the TV are causing the issue (such as an overload by a malfunctioning device or a data communication issue).
- Turn off the TV.
- Disconnect all devices (such as an external USB hard disk drive and HDMI connection device) from the TV.
- Turn on the TV, then make sure that the indicator does not blink (which means the TV has no issues).
- Connect the disconnected devices one by one to the TV.
- If the indicator starts blinking after a certain device is connected, check the device for an issue.
- Make sure that the power cord and AC adaptor are not disconnected or loose.
- Press the power switch of the TV to see if the TV turns on.
- Reset the TV. For how to reset, refer to the following FAQs.
Refer to the following FAQs.
- There is no picture when using an HDMI connection.
- There is no picture on the television from the Audio/Video device.
Note: Android TVs and Google TVs do not have this function.
- Turn off the Presence Sensor.
NOTE: The following steps are an example of how to turn off the Presence Sensor. refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Press HOME.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Eco.
- Select Presence Sensor.
- Select OFF.
- Reset the TV. For how to reset, refer to the How to perform a power reset on a Sony television article.
If the above steps do not help to resolve the issue, the TV may require service.