IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products or operating systems:
- Products: Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
- Operating systems: Android™ 9, Android 8.0, Android 7.0
For how to check the OS version, refer to the What Android OS version does the Android TV™ use? article.
Screen reader works by vocalizing information on the TV screen, such as the program guide and setting screen. In order to use the screen reader function, an Internet connection is necessary.
- The screen reader function is available only for focus points and some texts.
- The screen reader function is available only for some areas and languages.
- Whether a given app is available with the Screen reader function depends on the app.
- As of February 2020, YouTube™ is available with the Screen reader function. This specification may change without notice.
- When the Screen reader function is set to ON, some edit options, including Move and Hide in Inputs, might not work.
- When the Screen reader function is set to ON, some of the Quick Settings edit options might not work.
- For eARC supported models, when Screen reader is activated, eARC mode will be set to Off.
- The Accessibility shortcut function can switch to either enable or disable the Screen reader. Refer to Accessibility shortcut for applicable products.