Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) lets you watch your favorite entertainment and apps from your mobile device or computer on your Google TV or Android TV.
- Make sure the TV and mobile device or computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If a home network environment is not available, check an alternative method to display the content in the following articles:
- The Chromecast-enabled app of both the TV and mobile device or computer must have the latest software versions installed.
- For mobile devices: An Android device with Android 2.3 or later, or an iOS device with iOS 7.0 or later is required.
- For computers: Install the latest version of the Google Chrome browser. For the system requirements of a computer, refer to the Minimum system requirements to cast from Chrome website.
- To learn more about Chromecast built-in, visit the Official Chromecast built-in website.
Follow the steps below when casting photos, movies, or music from a Chromecast-enabled app on an Android or an Apple iOS mobile device to the TV.
- Launch the Chromecast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Chromecast built-in icon.
- Select the TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback. The content will begin to play on the selected TV.
Note: To show the entire mobile screen, refer to the following:
- For Android mobile devices: Cast your Android screen from the Google Home app
- For iOS mobile devices: Apple AirPlay: Displaying content from Apple devices on Google TV™ or Android TV™
Follow the step below to display the screen on the TV wirelessly using the Google Chrome browser:
- Connect to your computer same Wi-Fi network as the TV.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- On the right side of the browser screen click the Settings icon, and select Cast.
- On the Cast tab select Television Available to connect the TV wirelessly.
- To show the entire computer screen instead of just the browser screen, on the Cast tab, click Source, and then select Cast screen.
- Browser specifications are subject to change without notice. For details, refer to the Cast a Chrome tab on your TV website.
- Depending on the content type, some video playback may not be compatible with Cast.
If the Chromecast built-in function does not work, refer to the article Casting from mobile devices or computers to the TV fails.