How to check if your BRAVIA TV is a Google TV™, Android TV™, or other TV
A Google or Android TV is any TV that uses the Android™ Operating System (OS) from Google Inc. Android TVs have been included as part of Sony’s TV line-up since 2015, and Google TVs were introduced beginning in 2021.
You can use the following methods to check whether your TV is a Google TV, an Android TV, or other type TV.
TVs Home Menu screen
Press the HOME button on the remote control to access Home Menu screen.
Google TVs will display a Home menu screens as shown below. The features of the Home menu screen on a Google TV differ depending on whether or not you have logged in to your Google account.
- When you sign in to your TV with your Google account:
- There is a Google TV display in the upper left or upper right.
- There is a Google account icon in the upper left or upper right corner, and clicking it will bring up the dashboard.
- When you do not sign in to your TV with your Google account:
There is a display about Google TV at the bottom of the screen.
Android TVs will display a Home menu screens as shown below.
- The Home menu screen on an Android TV is similar to the Google TV Home menu screen, but there is no Google account icon on the upper of the screen. Instead, a Clock or (Settings) icon will be displayed.
- The display on the upper right of the screen differs depending on the models or settings.
Other Type TV
If your TV does not fall into the above examples, it may be a TV that does not use Android OS. The following are examples of Home menu screens from other type TVs.
Note: The Home menu screens may differ depending on the models and apps available.
TVs remote control
If the supplied remote control has a Mic button (or Mic icon), the TV is a Google or Android TV.
- Even with Google or Android TVs, there may not be a Mic button (or Mic icon) depending on the region and model.
- For the xxC Series, the Mic button is on the Touchpad Remote Control.
If Android or Android TV is listed in the Software → Operating System field on the model Specifications page, then it is an Android TV or Google TV.
Note: For how to find the specifications, refer to the How can I find the specifications of the TV? article.